[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.8.2 released

Fabrice Colin fabrice.colin at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 16 23:43:13 BST 2004

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 10:44:47PM +0100, Fabrice Colin wrote:
>>For php4, make complains it can't find simplesearch.php :
>
> That's because it's not marked for distribution.  Fixed.

Okay.

> Nothing is installed for guile because I don't know where to install
> it!

Fair enough ;-)

> Tcl8 should be detected though - configure checks that tclsh reports
> a version >= 8.0, and tries to check that the dev package is installed
> by looking for tcl.h.
>
> What does this report:
>
> echo 'puts $tcl_library'|tclsh

Output is :
/usr/share/tcl8.4

Both /usr/bin/tclsh and /usr/include/tcl.h exist.

I have also noticed that 'make install' ignores prefix and requires
DESTDIR to be set for the Python files that live in site-packages, ie
I need to call "make prefix=/blah DESTDIR=/blah" for xapian.py* and
_xapian.so to be installed relatively to "/blah" instead of "/".
A side-effect is that the Python docs are then installed in
"/blah/blah"...

I can barely keep my eyes open now so I think I'll try again tomorrow
morning with CVS HEAD :-)

Cheers.

Fabrice