[Xapian-discuss] Multiple sites and Omega

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Dec 20 11:37:31 GMT 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:59:19AM +0100, Martin Thornquist wrote:
> If this is in the docs somewhere I'm sorry, please point me there; I
> haven't been able to find what I need either in the provided docs, or
> on this list. That might be due to my lack of understanding of search
> software, though.

It's a bug in 0.9.2 - James fixed it here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.cvs/2099

So applying this patch should fix this:

http://svn.xapian.org/trunk/xapian-applications/omega/omindex.cc?rev=6355&r1=6354&r2=6355&makepatch=1&diff_format=u

I'd rather that automatic pruning of removed documents from the index
still worked in the subsite case, so this switch wasn't required, so if
I can work out a good way to do this the option may not appear in 0.9.3.
But it's a good fix for now (just don't be too suprised if the option
disappears 0.9.3).

> I also wonder about how to specify the site when searching; Google's
> "site:..." syntax seems not to be supported.

Assuming the two sites have different hostnames, you just need to add
$set{boolprefix,site,H} to the top of your OmegaScript query template.
Then it should work as you expect.