[Xapian-discuss] Searching multiple databases using omega -> database couldn't be opened

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Apr 5 19:08:15 BST 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 06:25:55PM +0200, Taco van den Broek wrote:
> So it must be in PHP I thought, but a simple script only running the
> search command worked fine too.

A simple script run under CLI PHP?

> The only difference left between this PHP script and the failing
> search page is apache.

Perhaps PHP running under apache is somehow mangling the command line
passed to system (perhaps in the name of "safety" or something).

This crude patch to Omega should make it display the exception thrown
if it fails to open a database (I'll look at improving it properly
when I have a moment):

http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/omega-db-opening-error.patch