[Xapian-discuss] Windows build files for 1.0

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jun 11 15:31:24 BST 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 03:58:51PM +0200, Daniel M?nard wrote:
> I noted that phpinfo() reports "xapian version 0.9.10" (as "delve.exe
> --version" does)
> It looks like version.h.win32 would be a good candidate for a small
> update ? ;-)

I've just updated that in SVN (and all the other hardcoded references -
sigh) to 1.0.1, which I'm in the process of releasing.

There doesn't seem to be a make rule or script to create the zip file
so you'll have to wait for Charlie to do that.

> By the way, perhaps including a version resource to the generated dll
> would be a nice addition ?
> It would allow end-users to check the version they use simply by looking
> at the file properties in the windows explorer...
> It would even be better if the php version is mentioned somewhere
> (something like "xapian 1.0.0 for php 5.2.x").

I've no idea how to do that - can you post the command to run?

> <off topic>
> I never know how to end my mails: I only know about "best regards" which
> is a bit "conventional"...
> It seems that "cheers" is popular on this list, but I'm not sure about
> the meaning...
> Does-it have something to do with the latest "Cambridge beer festival" ?

I guess its origin is as a toast - you might raise your glasses and say
"cheers".  But at least colloquially, it can also just mean "thankyou".

I've been ending emails with it for so long I can't really remember why
(at least since 1994 according to google groups).