[Xapian-discuss] How Xapian work with Thai ?

Sakesun Roykiattisak sakesun at boonthavorn.com
Tue Jun 10 15:41:19 BST 2008

> I'm afraid I don't know much about Thai.  I'm hoping we can add support
> for indexing and searching using n-grams for CJKV in 1.1 - from what
> you say above, it sounds like that should help for Thai too.

I believe n-gram is way better than trying to teach computer to understand
my language.  Lucence can work by using JRE's internal thai words breaker.
Which is adorable but hardly pragmatic for my customer usage. User will
have to guess how the words-breaker will work to effectively find
what they are looking for.

Any timeframe for 1.1 ?