[Xapian-discuss] How Xapian work with Thai ?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 11 11:36:35 BST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:41:19PM +0700, Sakesun Roykiattisak wrote:
> Any timeframe for 1.1 ?

Right now, I'm not sure.

The original plan was to release 1.1 as a release branch, so 1.1.1, etc
would be (upwardly) ABI and API compatible, and big disruptive changes
avoided.  But there are a lot of big changes which are ready or nearly
ready to apply, and that could destabilise things quite a bit.  So
Richard suggested that perhaps 1.1 should be a development branch, with
releases for testing at various suitable points, but that we'd recommend
1.0.x for people wanting a stable platform.  A bit like Linux kernel and
various other projects which have "odd numbers minor versions are
development branches".  We haven't really discussed this much yet, but it
certainly has its merits.

So that would probably mean 1.1.0 sooner, but in a less useful form for
some users.

Another possibility is to release 1.1.0 as is (there are enough useful
changes) and fast-track 1.2.

Anyway, I'm afraid don't have time to discuss (or even really to think
about!) this right now, but I was going to bring it up next week.