[Xapian-discuss] wildcard support (left truncation)

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Feb 4 10:56:18 GMT 2009

Please keep messages on-list to ensure everyone can help and benefits.

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 09:21:51PM +1030, Frank J Bruzzaniti wrote:

> >>I mainly need when users want to search by the filename extension.
> >Why not index that with a separate prefix?
>
> Sorry I didn't understand what you meant by "index with a separate prefix"

I assume you're using omindex and omega. Have a look at
<http://xapian.org/docs/omega/termprefixes.html>, which explains how
Omega manages terms under the hood.

You'd need modifications to omindex to get this to work;
alternatively, you could use scriptindex
<http://xapian.org/docs/omega/scriptindex.html>.

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org