[Xapian-discuss] Indexing filenames

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Feb 10 16:57:22 GMT 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 03:20:30AM +1030, Frank J Bruzzaniti wrote:

> At the moment my search results in omega use $field{url} when I believe
> there's no title/caption info which gives me:
>
> /usr/home/foo.doc
>
> I'd like to just display foo.doc

You'll need to store that separately. You probably just want to run
basename(3) on the filename (which I think is an argument to that
function).

> I'd also like to be able to search for foo.doc

If you index the filename, as I suggested, this will then
work. (It'll also match 'usr' and 'home', so if you don't want that,
just index the basename.)

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org