[Xapian-discuss] Multiple Databases on the same port

Eddie Drapkin eddie at frameweld.com
Thu Jul 30 20:13:15 BST 2009

Hello there, new to the list.

We're using Xapian here at the shop and we're switching to using it
remotely, with the eventual goal of having it distributed, but mostly
remote for now.  We've run into some hiccups along the way.

Specifically, we're using the PHP Bindings and I've managed to get
xapian to listen on a single port with all of the 200 odd databases
that we need to index.  I can't find documentation anywhere about how
to select a database to search from here:

$foo = Xapian::remote_connect($host, $port);

This connects and I can var_dump the output and it is indeed a
XapianDatabase object, but I can't see any methods as to choose which
database subsequent actions will be performed against.

Thanks,
--Eddie Drapkin