[Xapian-discuss] Multiple Databases on the same port

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jul 31 06:22:41 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 03:13:15PM -0400, Eddie Drapkin wrote:
> Specifically, we're using the PHP Bindings and I've managed to get
> xapian to listen on a single port with all of the 200 odd databases
> that we need to index.  I can't find documentation anywhere about how
> to select a database to search from here:
>
> $foo = Xapian::remote_connect($host, $port);

I think you mean "remote_open" here.

What you are trying to do isn't supported, I'm afraid - the search will
be over all 200-odd databases combined, just as it would be if you
opened the same database locally.

If you want to be able to open them separately, you need to run a server
for each, all on different ports.